Want to earn your high school diploma or GED?
Looking to prepare your child for school success?
At the Family Literacy Center you can:
- Complete the courses you need to earn your high school diploma or GED
- Receive support with introductory college courses
- Explore careers and gain job skills
- Enroll your child in an early education or preschool program
- Parent support groups
- Parent and child playgroups
- Family home visits and field trips
"I decided to come to the Family Literacy Center because everyone has children like me. We all have common goals; educating ourselves and educating our children."
"I love getting new books to read to my kids. Reading can be educational and a lot of fun at the same time. I'm learning new ways to encourage my children's curiosity."
Who is eligible? Pregnant and parenting teens in Washington County
The Family Literacy Center is operated in partnership with the Vermont Agency of Human Services, Central Vermont Adult Basic Education, the Lamoille Family Center, and the Barre Supervisory Union.
(802) 476-8474 ext 118