"In addition to earning a diploma, I found my
independence and voice at the Family Literacy Center."
Since 2003, the Family Literacy Center has served over 120 families. In addition to completing high school, students develop effective parenting skills, learn about healthy relationships and adopt positive lifestyles and attitudes.
As a Family Literacy Center student, you can:
- Earn your HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA and explore careers
- Develop an individualized graduation plan that allows you to work at your own pace
- Receive support from licensed teachers in a SMALL GROUP SETTING.
- Receive help with balancing home and school needs, finances, housing and more
- Take maternity leave, bring your infant to school with you AND access the Head Start on-site early childhood center
- Access fun groups, field trips, and home visits
- Be part of a CARING, NON-JUDGEMENTAL community
"Just because I've made mistakes, doesn't mean I've lost my dreams.
I am a good mom, with all the love in the world for my child. I am a loving
person, who is beautiful on the inside."
Who is eligible?
Pregnant or parenting students, under the age of 26, seeking a high school diploma.
The Family Literacy Center is located at the Brook Street School in Barre, VT
School Programming runs Tuesday-Friday, 9:00am-2:30pm